Ajay Umat, TNN | May 19
In the said annexure, the investigating officer had pointed out to the fact that the government in the middle of December 2006, a few days before Tulsiram Prajapati was murdered at Ambaji near the Gujarat-Rajasthan border, transferred D G Vanzara from ATS Ahmedabad to the post of DIG, Border Range, from where he had carried out the entire operation of the kidnapping and fake encounter of Prajapati . This decision to transfer Vanzara could not have been taken by Amit Shah as per the rules of the business and it was only the chief minister who could have finally passed the order. Other instance of decisions which only Modi could have taken have been enumerated by the CBI.
CBI says these are 3 rewards only Modi could have given.
P C Pande
The then DGP P C Pande was rewarded with a post-retirement berth as the chairman of Gujarat State Police Housing Corporation which enables him to retain his official bungalow and allied perks.
O P Mathur
The then ADGP O P Mathur was given the promotion to the rank of DGP, though a departmental enquiry having serious charges of moral turpitude was pending against him. The chargesheet in the above enquiry was dropped in September 2008 and he was promoted thereafter. And even after his retirement he was appointed as the director general of Raksha Shakti University.
A departmental enquiry was dropped against Anil Johri, IFS, husband of Geetha Johri, which included serious charges of corruption. This enquiry was later diluted in October 2008. A residential plot which was initially allotted to Geetha Johri and Anil Johri at a concessional rate by the government was later changed to some other plot of Geetha Johri’s choice without charging the premium. Geetha Johri’s name was recommended by the home department for the award of President’s Police Medal for distinguished services in the year 2009, even though reportedly she did not figure in the panel initially proposed by the DGP.
- #India – Mother courage against #Narendramodi (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India -Why Narendra Modi should not be the PRIME MINISTER (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Gujarat- Mrs Zakia Jafri files her Protest Petition (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- How the support of the neo-middle class has been crucial to Modi’s rise (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – Gujarat riots were not spontaneous and sudden Mr Narendra Modi (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Press Release- Understanding Communal Mobilisation – Lessons from the Zakia Jafri Protest Petition (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- On The Social Fabric In Narendra Modi’s Gujarat (kractivist.wordpress.com)