“Bogus ration cards are being used as identity proofs, especially in slum areas, to get Aadhaar cards. This will reduce the social security number exercise to a farce,” Yatish Naik, a spokesperson of the Pilerne Citizens Forum (PCF) told reporters here.
The PCF, which brought to light instances where ration cards had been forged by the hundreds a couple of years back, has filed a complaint with Nandan Nilekani, chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India — in-charge of the central agency implementing the Aadhaar card project.
“We have asked Nilekani to plug this loophole,” Naik said.
The civil supplies ministry has already ordered a probe into the problem of fake ration cards after a ruling legislator told the Goa assembly recently that Nepali and Bangladeshi nationals had obtained ration cards by forging documents.
- Use of #Aadhaar card in Voting in Karnataka Assembly Elections #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Public clamouring for Aadhaar cards enrolled several months ago #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Do you know why #Aadhaar – #UID is NOT compulsory #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – #Aadhaar private ownership of UID data – Part II (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Maharashtra loses data of 3 lakh #UID cards #Aadhaar #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India Aadhaar card: Many worried about #privacy #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar not good for ID #UID #biometrics (kractivist.wordpress.com)