In today’s times when much of media is sold out to corporates, the only voices that show the truth of malpractices of various mining giants are a few activists and documentary filmmakers. Vedanta‘s strategy to organize a film competition on their ‘community initiatives’ is such a fool proof masking of their real face. By organizing such a film competition and sponsoring 114 students from top media and film schools in the country including FTII, Whistling Woods, Symbiosis, School of Convergence, MGR FTI, IIMC, Assam University, Xavier’s, Christ University, AAFT, ZIMA, Tezpur University, IP College and Ravenshaw to produce films on itself…Vedanta knows how to make opinions about itself and how to control the ‘could be’ voices of future.
With jury panel consisting of Shyam Benegal and Gul Panag , who have withdraWn now , the jury only has piyush pandey .Rhanks to kractivism that the ONLY FTII entry in teh comteition ahs withdrawn after the open letter letter to participants was circulated
Objective- This campiagn is to UNMASK the TRUE FACE of corporates, which they tend to hide beautifully through their rCSR AD FILMS fool people, while on one hand they indulge in human rights violations on other hand they glorify their peice meal appraoch of CSR criminal corporations using these feel good advts, need to eb EXPOSED, and that what precisely the ” faking happiness’ campaign intends to do
You see an AD Print, Video which you feel is blatantly lying about their work and using it as an image building method, you make a spoof of that ad and send to us at
4 AD FILMS
5.ANY OTHER CATEGORY 🙂
YOUR LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION IS 4TH MARCH NIGHT — AND THEN VOTING WILL START ON MARCH 8TH GO ON TILL MARCH 20TH AND RESULTS ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21ST 2012
COME ON FRIENDS LETS KRACK THIS TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH SOME GREAT SPOOF ADS.
pl share widely and get more entries
- FTII’s only entry withdraws from Vedanta’s Creating happiness (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Open letter to Participants of Vedanta’s Creating Happiness (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Vedanta -Creating Happiness? Certainly Not in Puri (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Open letter to Shyam Benegal on Vedanta’s Creating Happiness (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Benegal pulls out of jury on Vedanta-promoted film competition (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Open letter to Piyush Pandey on Vedanta’s “Creating Happiness” (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Piyush Pandey and the Vedanta open letter (kractivist.wordpress.com)