By PTI – NEW DELHI
05th December 2012 04:30 PM
“The Unit-1 is likely to be commissioned by the end of December 2012,” Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy said in a written reply.
He said the fuel has been loaded in Unit-1 and it has been made ready for approach to first criticality or the start of the nuclear fission chain reaction.
“The process of criticality in Unit-1 would start after the stage-wise clearance from the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB),” he said.
The AERB had given its nod to the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to load 163 bundles of enriched uranium fuel in the first reactor on September 18.
This was done after the NPCIL complied with all the conditions laid down by AERB in its August 10 sanction order.
The fuel loading process was completed on October two.
NPCIL is setting up two 1,000 MW VVER reactors at Koodankulam in Tamil Nadu’s Tirunelveli district with Russian collaboration.
- Nuclear waste will not magically disappear. So who will be made to suffer its toxic effects? (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Immediate Release- Idinthakarai women win Chingari Award for Non-violent struggle (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Koodankulam plant: Anti-nuclear activists questions government in SC (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-*Do We Exist? -Fifth Letter From The Women Of Idinthakarai #Koodankulam #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Say ‘NO’ to Koodankulam and Kolar (oneislandtwonationsblogspotcom.typepad.com)
- What ails India’s democracy – THE SILENT EMERGENCY (kractivist.wordpress.com)