New Delhi, May, 10 (ANI): Germany has opposed the death penalty for Indian convict, Devender Singh Bhullar, who is facing the gallows for the 1993 militant attacks on a top police officer and also a political leader, claiming several lives.
Bhullar was extradited from Germany and tried by a court in India. German Ambassador to India, Michael Steiner said on Friday that they were against death penalty, as they don’t believe that it serves the cause of justice.
The Supreme Court had last month rejected a petition by Bhullar seeking that his death sentence be commuted to life imprisonment as his mercy plea had not been decided by the President for a long time.
- PRESS RELEASE- PUDR on Rejection of Devinder Pal Bhullar’s plea by the Supreme Court (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Devinderpal Singh Bhullar’s wife moves SC for stay on execution of death penalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Asian Centre for Human Rights cites Mahendra case, seeks mercy for Bhullar #deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Statement- Commute DS Bhullar’s Death Sentence (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- CRPP Statement of on Death Sentence to Bhullar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – Suprme Court rejects Devinderpal Singh Bhullar’s appeal #deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- It was “most inappropriate” and “judicial error” to confirm death sentence in Prof. Bhullar’s case: Public Prosecutor (kractivist.wordpress.com)