Sultanpur: In uniform, inside a police station, a cop slapped a young woman repeatedly. The 26-year-old Dalit gasped for breath, and tried to stop him, but he wouldn’t let her speak. A woman constable stood by watching.
This was what was captured on tape inside an Amethi police station. A freelance journalist who says he was in no position to help decided to film the incident so he could later use this as evidence against the policeman, Kailash Dwivedi. The tape has led to Dwivedi being sacked.
The woman’s husband was found dead on Wednesday. The police believes she is involved with his murder. Dwivedi, the Station Officer, was trying to extract a confession from her. Even if, during this assault, she did make any confession, it would not hold in any court. None of this seemed to matter to Dwivedi whose rage seemed unstoppable.
- The Forgotten Communal Riots of Bhagalpur- 1989 #Justice (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- No candlelight protest for Lalli Devi #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Woman who married dalit knocks on HC door for cover (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- How police covered-up the murder of Dalit girl bya police constable #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Pregnant dalit woman gang-raped #Vaw #torture #wtfnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)