In a letter sent by the office of Deputy Commissioner of the Police to Himanshu Kumar, it is said that the permission to stage continuous fast for 10 days cannot be granted in view of security/law & order reasons.
Reacting to the denial of permission, Himanshu Kumar told Newzfirst that the Government doesn’t want people of the Country being educated about the tribal issues and problems.
The Government wants to project Naxalism as the only problem being faced by the country and does not want people to learn about the injustice meted out to tribals in the name of development, he said.
“This was my humble effort that we use this opportunity to ponder on this issue – how should the tribal people of this country be treated.” he said.
However, I will continue to fast, he added. “This is not just a question of the tribals but a question for all those who want to build a better society, where everyone gets justice because it is impossible to even think of peace without justice.”
Annoyed by the Government’s decision to deploy a large number of army troops in the tribal areas post Bastar incident, Himanshu Kumar has begun an indefinite fast- Aatmchintan- on 1 June calling upon the Government and the general mass of the country to do soul-searching over the treatment being meted out to the Tribal people.
- #India -an Appeal From Tribal Activist Himanshu Kumar: On Atrocities, Self Reflection (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Maoists in the jungle, Bhagat Singh in the fields – welcome to India Burning (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Chhattisgarh- What will Bastar’s children reap from this bloody war of binaries? (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Naxalism in Chhattisgarh is a fallout of Salwa Judum: Tribal Affairs Minister (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – The Bastar Land Grab #tribalrights #indigenousrights (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Remembering Mahendra Karma- Two Roads Parted In The Woods (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Tribal Affairs Minister cautions against deploying Army to tackle Maoist problem (kractivist.wordpress.com)