Phool Kumar, a spokesperson of the Satrol khap panchayat, said that the violators would have to pay a fine of Rs 5100.
Addressing the panchayat, Inder Singh, a khap leader, said, “The DJ system is causing noise pollution and is also harmful to the animals kept by farmers. Due to high volume of music, people can’t milk buffaloes and cows in the morning as the animals are unable to sleep at night.”
“With DJs around, youngsters dance under influence of liquor and sometimes misbehave with women. Because of this women can’t participate in celebrations, preferring to stay indoors. It’s a waste of money, especially when the villagers are facing financial crisis,” Singh added.
- #India- Khap panchayats of Haryana demand changes in Hindu marriage Act #WTFnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Women don’t need mobile phones as they get distracted #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-Bihar village bans women from using mobiles #Vaw #wtfnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Haryana khap blames wedding ceremonies at night for road mishaps (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- #Punjab bans vulgar songs in buses to stop accidents #Censorship #wtfnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)