FIRST SHOW OF 2013! Join MARY ELLEN COPELAND, MAGDALINE VOLAITIS, and
guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT to discuss how we can replace harsh and invasive psychiatric interventions with personal empowerment, self-help, and recovery for people in mental/emotional distress! LIVE on Saturday, 12 January 2013, at 2 pm ET, 11 am PT; we’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
– MARY ELLEN COPELAND is nationally and internationally recognized for her work in studying how people recover from mental health challenges using simple, safe, non-invasive, widely available and usually free self-help resources (including WRAP – Wellness Recovery Action Plans). Her focus is on shifting the system of mental health care away from the use of psychotropic medications and harsh traumatizing treatments, and to personal empowerment, self-help, prevention and recovery through natural supports, education, training, and research.
Learn more about Mary Ellen Copeland’s work on her website, http://www.mentalhealthrecovery.com.
– MAGDALINE VOLAITIS (photo on right) Magdaline works closely with Mary Ellen Copeland as the Outreach Director for WRAP and Recovery Books. She is the first line of communication to Mary Ellen, manages the website, and writes the bimonthly e-newsletters. Magdaline became a WRAP facilitator in 1999 and finds WRAP to be one of the most useful tools for all aspects of her life.
Join MARY ELLEN, MAGDALINE and guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT (coordinator of MindFreedom International‘s I GOT BETTER campaign to raise awareness of recovery in mental health) for an exciting dialogue about replacing invasive and sometimes harmful psychiatric practices with more holistic and empowering alternatives, achieving a stable and lasting recovery from mental and emotional distress!
(more information at: www.mindfreedom.org/radio-mecopeland)
Tune in live at www.blogtalkradio.com/davidwoaks, and join the conversation yourself!
Do you have ideas about how we can avoid invasive psychiatric practices and promote recovery through self-empowerment instead? Do you have experience with WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plans) you’d like to share? We’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
Listen to the archive any time you like, at
Tips About How to Listen and Call-in Live (or hear the archive later)
At the start of the show, 2 pm ET or 11 am PT, you can listen by going to the Blog Talk Radio site hosting this monthly “Second Saturday” show, here:
Call-in Number: (646) 595-2125.
You can listen and call-in live and free by either computer or phone from anywhere in the world.
USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern
UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00]
Ireland: 7 pm [19:00]
Berlin: 8 pm [20:00]
Auckland, NZ: 6 am
To find your local time click here.
Can’t get to a computer that day? No problem! You can use the call-in number (646) 595-2125 just to listen, like a teleconference.
Online, you can also join a live chat with MFI Web Radio Show.
More about MindFreedom International:
MFI is one of the few totally independent nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy field focusing on survivors of human rights violations in the mental health system.
MFI has zero funding from the mental health system, governments, drug companies or religions.
All are welcome. While a majority of MFI’s members identify as psychiatric survivors, members include family members, advocates and concerned mental health workers.
That means YOUR membership and donation are CRUCIAL to MindFreedom International’s campaigns for human rights alternatives.
Join or donate now:
Benefits include the MindFreedom Journal, special web and e-mail networking, discount on http://www.madmarket.org purchases, MindFreedom Shield, member services office… and a nonviolent revolution in mental health.
Mind Your Freedom!
Donate, join now or renew early here:
- A Message of Hope in Mental Health Care: There IS an Alternative (madinamerica.com)
- MindFreedom – Long Bio (madinamerica.com)
- Alternative Mental Health Radio , tune in on Dec8 (kractivist.wordpress.com)