Sharma today mentioned the matter before the SC bench headed by Justice TS Thakur, but the latter directed the advocate to mention it before Chief Justice of India RM Lodha’s bench which will be sitting on Friday.
CJI Lodha has described the matter as “very serious” which would be dealt with “appropriately”.
The woman judge has quit her job in the wake of alleged sexual harassment by a judge of the Gwalior bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
The High Court judge has rejected the charge and offered to face death penalty if allegations are found true.
In a letter to the Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court, the judge described the allegations as “totally false” and expressed his willingness to face probe by the CBI or any other agency.
The woman judge concerned has sent a nine-page representation to the CJI stating that the High Court judge had some months ago started showing “more than normal interest” in her work and had gradually started making “coloured remarks” about her.
Meanwhile, lawyers at the Gwalior district court today demanded that the judge in question be removed till an inquiry is conducted against him.
- What do women want from netas? #mustread (3)
- UConn Professor and Ex-Dean Face Dismissal in Alleged Sex-Abuse Case #Vaw (0)
- Sun TV Sexual Harassment Case- Response from Women Journalists #Vaw (8)
- Sun news reader suspended after sexual harassment plaint #Vaw #WTFnews (3)
- Street Sexual Harassment and power of Hard Evidence #VAW (5)