Zeest, a Pakistani rock band spearheaded by Saqib Abdullah aka Skip, is known for its songs like Sutta and 100 Rupai. Upset with the comment made by Anurag, the band’s communication manager, Sohail Abdullah, said, “I don’t know why he said it was our song. I would like to clarify that Zeest has never composed such a song and we have nothing to do with it. Moreover, we don’t even know who had composed it. Zeest has so far released only two songs, Sutta (Sutta Na Mila) and 100 Rupai.”
He also went on to clarify that in 2008, Saqib posted on his blog that ‘Songs like GMD, XL Ki Kudiyan or Balatkari don’t belong to us. Kindly give credit to the actual artistes.’ Anurag remained unavailable for comment.
- So what about ‘RAPIST’ HIP HOP? #honeysingh #vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Neither Yo Yo Honey Singh, nor Zeest ,then who penned ‘ choot ‘ and “balatkari ” songs ? (punarnavbharat.wordpress.com)
- Anurag Kashyap joins hands with HIP HOP #Rapist Yo Yo #HoneySingh #Wtfnews #bollywood (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Neither Yo Yo Honey Singh, nor Zeest ,then who penned ‘ choot ‘ and “balatkari ” songs ? #Vaw #Hiphop (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Honey Singh: Don’t use me as an excuse (ibnlive.in.com)