ByKarthick S, TNN | Feb 13, 2013, 0
The four accused, Gnanprakasham, Simon, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilavendran, were sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in January 2004 in connection with the killing of 21 policemen in a landmine blast at Palar in Karnataka near the inter-state border in 1993. They were sentenced to undergo life imprisonment by the Mysore court. But the government moved the Supreme Court, which awarded them the death sentence. Their mercy pleas have been pending since 2004.
A division bench of Justice YK Sabharwal and Justice BN Agrawal had converted the life imprisonment of convicts to death sentence and dismissed the convicts’ appeals against the order of conviction passed by a Special TADA court in Karnataka.
- #India has 477 people on death row- shocker ? #deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India -Afzal Guru, Parliament attack convict, hanged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail #deathpenalty, protest today at Jantar Mantar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- UPA strays off Sonia’s course #Deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Rs 37 lakh spent on room President Pranab Mukherjee used just for an hour #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Afzal Guru Hanged, Whose Conscience Satisfied? #deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)