TNN | Mar 8, 2013,
“The excuse is silly. I will go in for an appeal to acquire it,” the activist said adding, “Under section 8 (1) (j), one can exempt giving information if it is personal without any public interest. But in this case this exemption would not apply as I just asked if they had enrolled or not and did not ask for any further personal information“.
Explaining the reason for filing the RTI query, Reddy said, “A Union minister had recently said that Aadhaar cards are only for beneficiaries. It is surprising he feels he is not a beneficiary despite benefitting from the state. If they believe in this initiative, the leaders have to be role models by registering for the Aadhaar card first. This only reflects the hypocrisy of our lawmakers and shows that they have the least regard for this initiative.”
He demanded that the salaries and even the attendance of the parliamentarians be linked to Aadhaar card.
- Dispelling the haze of #Aadhaar #UID #biometrics #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- The Dangerous #Aadhaar Card Are We Being Made Guinea-Pigs? #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- How does govt justify ‘Aadhaar’ when its foundation has crashed? #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Address error in #Aadhaar cards, villagers seek action (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- The birthing pains for an #Aadhaar #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Open letter- refusal of pension if not enrolled in #Aadhar #UID #humanrights #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- NAC members raise concerns over direct benefit transfer scheme #Aadhaar #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)