Mumbai, May 23, 2013
I was aghast to listen to your advertisement on Red FM between 1545 hrs and 1555 hrs on May 23rd 2013. The R City Mall, shamelessly names Medha Patkar, of Narmada Bachao Andolan , the activist enjoying shopping at R City Mall. I contacted Medha Patkar and she denied completely giving any consent to the R city Mall using her name. Even the Radio Station RED FM, with tag line Bajate Raho , have ignored such a big blunder in the advertisement
Medha Patkar is a name which resonates with rights of slumdwellers in Mumbai and she is last person to endorse and shop at Malls. She has been fighting the Builder Mafia and has stood like a rock against the islum demolitiosn for many years now and recently had been on a ten day hunger strike against the Golibar demolitions, which have were stopped due the relentless efforts of NAPM.
R City has defamed Medha Patkar by using her name in their promotional advertisement for the Mall.
The advertisement should be immediately withdrawn , and the Mall and Radio channel need to tender a public apology with immediate effect.
Kamayani Bali Mahabal
May 23, 2013
complaint tracking No – 613ed1596928
- Medha Patkar Fast at Golibar- Govt has agreed to stop demolition but not given in writing yet (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Medha Patkar and Madhuri Shivkar call off their indefnite fast on Golibar demolitions (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Under pressure Maharashtra government initiates dialogue with Medha Patkar and NAPM (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Protests TV won’t show Golibar Demolitions Protest. Hunger Strike for 7 days and counting (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai -Why is Medha Patkar on Indefinite #HungerStrike since April 4th, 2013 at Golibar #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)